Hotel-Restaurant Karlsmühle (Karl's mill) is located in the Ruwer valley, 8km (5 miles) from the center of Trier, Germany's oldest city. The picturesque Ruwer valley is one of the premier wine growing regions in Germany and there are many wine cellars that invite you to try their high quality wines.
The hotel is off the main road, surrounded by trees, pastures and vineyards. The peacefulness of this remodeled 500 year old mill creates a quiet and romantic atmosphere that you don't want to miss. The mill was built on the foundations of a 1700 year old stone mill, where the Romans used to cut and polish marble for their palaces in Trier. It is the oldest such mill north of the Alps.
Here are some features of Hotel-Restaurant Karlsmühle:
- 86 beds in 1 to 4-bed rooms
- Every room with shower and WC
- Free parking
- Pets are welcome
- Restaurant serving local specialties, vegetarian cuisine and the famous Riesling wine
- Two seminar rooms (70 + 30 people) - suitable for conferences, seminars and family celebrations
- Terrace overlooking the scenic Mühlenbach creek
- Walking distance (500 m) from a heated public outdoor pool
- Playground and lawn -- ideal for a family vacation
- Fishing possible
- Hiking trails through the vineyards
- Good bus connections to the city center of Trier
- Location suitable for 1-day trips to Trier, Luxemburg, Eifel, Hunsrück and the Mosel valley.